Join Our Team
We have a wonderful work family at Portmore. It’s quite a big team of 22 but it feels very close; we support each other and spend a lot of time laughing and working hard to make a difference in our patients’ lives.
Each member of the team is committed to excellence in their field, whether that’s delivering exceptional customer service at the front desk or achieving outstanding clinical results in our surgeries. We are developing our skill sets all the time, and it’s our commitment to ongoing training that makes the difference.
The clinical team members have attended training courses in the US and around Europe, and as a business we are serious about investing in our staff so that they can up-skill and raise the standard of care at Portmore. We are always learning and finding new ways to improve, and that’s why the Portmore team is at the forefront of what we do. Read more
We’re always looking for dentists, nurses and support staff who share our commitment to patient-centric care with no compromises. Want to join the team that’s creating the best patient experience? Please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Portmore employee rewards programme
Our promises to you
- We promise to provide the tools that you need to do your very best work - that means the very best IT, the most up to date equipment and digital dental software, high-end materials and great uniforms.
- We promise to provide an environment that is supportive, happy, transparent and unique.
- We promise that you will be treated with kindness and respect at all times.
- We promise to listen to your ideas for practice growth and act on them wherever possible
- We promise that our door will always be open if you need to talk.
- We promise to choose only the very best people to join our family.
- We promise that your time with us will be educational, fun, professional, supportive and rewarding.
Your commitment to us
- We ask that you are 'on-time' and 'on-brand.' Meaning that you join the Team Huddle at 7.45am sharp, ready to engage with a positive attitude.
- We ask that you are always well-groomed and well presented at all times.
- We ask that you are open-minded and happy to embrace change
- We ask that you are understanding of each other's quirks and traits and treat one another as you would your own family, with respect and kindness
- We ask that you actively participate in team meetings - after all, the practice is made better with your input.
- We ask that you look to grow and engage in learning and development.
- We ask that you go out of your way to support and encourages our 'newbies' and trainees, and help them to become their very best.
The key for personal growth, team health and wellbeing
HEALTH, WELLBEING AND ANTI-STRESS
Healthy Munching - Weekly free fruit bowls and healthy snacks for the whole team
Take a Chill - Once a month every team member will be granted an extended 2hr lunch break, to meet with friends, visit the hairdressers, go shopping or simply enjoy a long walk.
Monthly Massages - We will pay for a masseuse to come into the practice monthly to provide anti-stress head and shoulder massages for all team members
Wellwoman & Wellman Check - Free annual private health check for an enhanced 'full body MOT' to ensure you are in tiptop physical shape.
Get Healthy - Annual monthly subscription to 'Healthy' magazine.
Support - Free counselling to support mental health and wellbeing if required (for a max period of 6 sessions).
GROWTH & DEVELOPMENT
Core CPD - All core CPD and professional registration will be paid for by Portmore. Professional Development - We will pay in full for your career development choices in line with the practice long-term vision*
Book Club - You will be gifted a new book every month on stress-free living, nutrition, healthy cooking, health and beauty or mindfulness to expand your knowledge on Health and Wellbeing.
Personal Development - Cooking lessons? Yoga? Belly Dancing? £75 towards the course of your choice. All we ask in return is that you complete the course and write a blog for us about it :)*
Pay - Timely salary reviews based on both business and personal performance
Bonus - Monthly cash bonus of £50 pp - based on reaching monthly financial targets and personal performance
Extra holiday - After 5 year's service, you will be granted an additional 1 day holiday per year, up to 5 additional days.
Your Smile - All your dental care will be provided free of charge
THE FUN STUFF
Pay Day Happy Hour - We will treat you to monthly dinner and drinks at a local restaurant chosen by you, on the last Thursday of every month.
Birthday Gift-Day - if your birthday falls on a 'work day' then you can enjoy an extra day off on us.
Superhero - A monthly prize for the team member who has performed over and above the call of duty, voted for by the Team - cinema tickets and a £50 voucher for dinner
Summer Party - Our annual Summer party - a day off work at a surprise location for fun, dinner and drinks.
* - If you leave the practice within 18 months of completing your course, you will repay it to the practice in full