Implants to Secure Dentures
Dental implants are good way to fix dentures in place because, as every denture wearer knows, any movement at all when you’re in a social situation — eating out, for example — is likely to be the death knell of your confidence and self-esteem.
Implants remove the need for the denture to cover your palate, restoring speech and taste, two challenges associated with dentures. Once the implants have healed and fused to the jawbone we fit a series of press stud-type attachments to click and lock your denture firmly into place.
The procedure is simple, with minimal downtime in most cases, and the effects are dramatic. Patients find they can smile and eat whatever they want again, and feel long lost self-esteem come rushing back. Read more
Why we may recommend implants to secure dentures
- Insufficient bone is available to place multiple implants, or the scope of bone augmentation required is beyond what you feel comfortable with
- You feel used to having dentures or prefer removable teeth, perhaps because you struggle to cope with cleaning around fixed bridgework
- You want a simple solution to enjoy the food you love again
Benefits of implants to secure dentures
- Eat the food you love again — steaks, apples, sandwiches
- Restore your self-esteem
- Regain confidence in social situations
- Improved comfort, appearance and function
- Improved taste and speech
- A simple and effective way to regain your confidence and function